Press into Liberty
July, the month we celebrate liberty. We wave our flags, shoot off fireworks, and host cookouts. We proudly blast our national anthem.
But sometimes we long for the freedom we sing about in “The Star Spangled Banner”. We may have endured a season of battle, targeted by the lies of the enemy in the pitch of night. We wonder if we will ever see the light of dawn. Like our frayed stars and stripes, we feel tattered and torn. We wave and scream through the smoke, “I’m still here!”
- You are not forgotten (Isaiah 49:15)
- You are not alone (John 14:18)
- You are victorious (1 Corinthians15:57)
I experienced such a battle. I am an ovarian cancer survivor. Chemotherapy threatened my life. It induced baldness, brain fog, debilitating fatigue and crushing chest pain. Would I survive this assault on my body and the “what ifs” that pummeled my mind?
- You are created for a purpose (Ephesians 2:10)
- You are beautiful (Song of Songs 4:7)
- You are courageous (Joshua 1:9)
Life’s events can rip us apart. We wonder if we will ever be whole again. Don’t give up! God has not given up on you. He gathers the tattered remnants of our lives and weaves them into an unfurled banner reflecting His glory.
- You are chosen (Ephesians 1:11)
- You are forgiven (1 John 1:9)
- You are precious (Isaiah 43:4)
Do you feel as though doubts and lies have assailed you? In the midst of the battle, remember the truth of who you are and press into liberty.
- You are loved (Jeremiah 31:3)
- You are accepted (Ephesians 1:6)
- You are free (Galatians 5:1)
Wave your flag of freedom!